Children in Care Programme Coordinator- Hull and EY Children’s University
Salary £15,000 pro rata (3 days a week) £25k per annum
Start Date: 7th June 2022
Closing date for applications: 23rd May 2022
Interviews 30th May 2022
Hull and East Yorkshire Children’s University is a charity that aims to raise the aspirations, confidence and resilience of disadvantaged children by providing them with experiences that they otherwise wouldn’t have.
The charity has a team that works with children living in foster care to provide unique and bespoke experiences around the interests of these children. All of these experiences are delivered during the holidays and on weekends.
As our current Coordinator of the Children in Care programme will be going off on maternity in June, we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic professional to take on this role over the maternity period.
The successful candidate must have experience working with Children in Care and must have experience in leading an educational trip.
The role is 3 days a week. During the school holidays most of this time will be spent leading trips. In term time the role involves the admin and planning around the trips. The role will also involve some weekend work from time to time. Holidays should be taken during term time.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Organise and deliver our experiences, ensuring that looked after children have equal access to activities, trips and visits designed to support their personal, social, and emotional development
- Build positive and effective relationships with vulnerable children in the looked after system based on a foundation of trust and respect
- Work with social workers and foster carers to engage children in the care system
- Build positive and effective relationships with the Virtual School for Looked After Children
- Work with children individually or in groups ensuring that activities cater for their individual and collective needs and that all children have equal access
There will be a period of shadowing the current Children in Care Programme Coordinator from the start date.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org