A visit to the company’s Wound Management Centre in Hull really is an experience not to be missed! The module provides an opportunity for pupils to see how one of the top companies in the world, regarding wound care, actually operates.
- To raise children’s aspirations and interest in STEM careers
- To develop knowledge of the role of technology in manufacturing
- To raise awareness of local career opportunities
- To learn about the job roles at Smith & Nephew
- Meet Smith & Nephew staff and learn about their jobs
- See inside the manufacturing unit with a VIP tour (behind glass)
- Take part in a ‘hands-on’ session to assess the effectiveness of different wound dressings